Our Chiropractors specialize in non-invasive treatment solutions that focus on the hands-on treatment of the neuromusculoskeletal system. As manual medical practitioners, we provide extensive examination, treatment and preventative care for issues related to the spine, pelvis, nervous system and joints throughout the entire body.
Introduction to Chiropractic Care
Chiropractic Fun Facts
- The first documented chiropractic adjustment wasn’t to relieve pain in the spine or any hard tissues but rather to help a janitor who became deaf after feeling an odd sensation in his back.
- The inventor of Chiropractic care was Canadian. Born in Port Perry, Ontario, Palmer moved to Davenport, Iowa at the age of 20 where he began the study of magnetic healing and worked as a teacher.
- Back problems represent the most common cause of disability for people under the age of 45 and with the usage of phones and electronic devices on the rise, this number is expected to grow.
- There are over 90,000 Chiropractors practicing in the world and it is currently regulated in over 40 countries.
A brief history of Chiropractic Care
Manipulation of the spine, bones and hard tissues of the body has been practiced for thousands of years however it hadn’t been defined with scientific or philosophical rationale until around 1895 by Daniel David Palmer. This was when DD Palmer performed his first session self labelled as a Chiropractic Adjustment.
The word Chiropractic is originated by DD Palmer and derived from pairing the Greek words cheir and praktos meaning hand-done or “Done by Hand”.
As DD Palmer continued his studies of human anatomy and physiology, he established the Palmer School of Cure which is now known at the Palmer College of Chiropractic located in Davenport, Iowa. Today, chiropractic care is widely recognized and regulated as a medical profession and practiced in many countries around the world with over 75,000 chiropractors in the USA, 7,250 in Canada, 4,400 in Australia and 3000 in the UK to name a few.
Benefits of Chiropractic Treatment
Whether you are visiting Luxii in an emergency or as part of your preventive maintenance, Chiropractic treatment can have a huge impact on your quality of life. Here are a few of the great ways both your mind and body can benefit from our Chiropractic treatment services.
- Improved body movement
- Better posture
- Instant and long-lasting relief from headaches, neck and back pain.
- Work-related muscle and joint injury prevention
- Increased flexibility and range of motion
Base Treatment Options
- Manual Adjustments
- Soft Tissue Therapy
- Rehabilitative Exercise
- Laser Therapy
- X-Ray Requisition